If I had to ask you to think of the most rough, tough, and manly movie start out there, who would you picture? Maybe Clint? Sly? Bruce? Chuck? There are a lot of options out there. I just hope to god you don't think of those little pussy boys from those Twilight movies. I'll never forgive you if you do. In fact, you can leave right now. Go on.
Now that there are just the cool guys in here, let me tell you a secret. If you asked me to name the number one manly actions star, in my heart of hearts, there's only one man.
Sure, I love Bruce and Clint and Sly. (In fact, Sly comes in a really close second for me, but don't tell him that). But, Arnie truly is the movie star that's so full of testosterone, I can't bare to look away. Let's look at the facts:
- He could probably crush a walnut between his pecs.
- He's pretty fresh with the ladies.
- He became a star by only saying a handful of lines ("Whooooo are youuu?").
- He was so popular, he became the Governator (really, now, he wasn't really elected because of his political prowess).
Even though Arnie isn't the best movie star out there, he is quite the manly specimen. And that's all that really matters during the month of Movember. He really deserves his own sweet treat. It can't be too fussy - this guy isn't the type to stand around and beat an egg white into a meringue or sprinkle icing sugar lovingly on some chiffon cake. If Arnie had to create a baked good, he'd just want to crush everything together, throw it in the oven, and then feast upon the outcome.
So we came up with this:
The Barbarian Bar can be called many names - Seven Layer, Magic, etc - but it does indeed have the heart of a Terminator inside. It will destroy you with it's sweetness. But, you can't just help coming back to grab more. Bring it!
adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup salted butter
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped white chocolate (use the good stuff!)
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, nuke your butter until just melted. Slowly incorporate the graham cracker crumbs and stir with spoon until evenly distributed. Spread evenly on the bottom of your lined baking pan and press using the bottom of a cup or glass.
2) Sprinkle your ingredients onto the graham cracker crust in the following order: pecans, chocolate chips, chopped white chocolate, butterscotch chips, coconut. Pour the condensed milk evenly over top of everything, careful to cover the complete pan. Don't forget the corners!
3) Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the bars are golden. Leave out until they are completely cool before cutting and eating.